- What is Custom Installation
- Home Automation, Systems Integration
- Multi-Room Audio-Video
- Home Cinema
- TV, Radio, Media, Satellite Distribution
- Automated Lighting, Curtain, Blind Control
- Telephone, Internet, Data Network
- Intruder Alarm
- Fire Detection
- Closed Circuit Television
- Heating, Ventilation, Airconditioning systems
- Electrical Installation, Inspection, Testing
Home Cinema/Home Theatre
What is Home Cinema or Home Theater?
Definition: "Home entertainment set-ups that seek to reproduce the movie theater going experience and mood with the help of video and audio equipment in a private home."
Home Cinema implies a "cinema experience" which uses a premium quality set of components. A typical home theater includes the following parts:
- Video and Audio Input Devices: One or more video/audio sources. High quality movie media formats e.g. Blu-ray, DVD, or video game console systems. HTPC (Home Theater PC) with a media center system to act as the main library for video and music content controlled by a hand held controller.
- Audio Processing Devices: Input devices are processed by either an AV receiver or a Preamplifier and Sound Processor for complex surround sound. The user selects the input at this point before it is forwarded to the output.
- Audio Output: Systems consist of a minimum of 2 speakers. 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound systems are now the norm, but it is possible to have more speakers with additional subwoofers.
- Video Output: Large-screen HDTV displays, e.g. Liquid crystal display television (LCD), plasma TV, rear-projection TV, or a front video projector and projector screen.
- Atmosphere: Seating and lighting control to improve the cinema feel. High-end home theaters will have custom sound insulation to prevent noise from escaping the room, and wall treatment to balance the sound within the room.